This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $450,000 over a maximum of 36 months to support early-career researchers in undertaking highly innovative projects in the microbiome sciences.
Goal: To accelerate the development and application of new technologies and approaches that leverage the microbiome to improve health.
Funding: Up to $450,000 per project over up to 36 months. $1.8 million (approx. 4 projects) total.
Applicant Eligibility: Lead by an early career researcher (<5 years active) at the level of assistant professor or higher) for the tenure of the award.
- Conduct translational research and development focused on delivering new microbiome-based health strategies or implementation studies focused on the application and adoption of microbiome-based health strategies.
- Strive to develop a new recommendation, intervention, technology, system or preventative strategy that improves health by leveraging the microbiome.
- Be in any relevant discipline including biomedical, dietary, engineering, information technology, social science, etc.
- Full definitions can be found in the Program Details document.
- Confirm intent to apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template below)
Information Webinar: October 2nd, 13th, 2020 @ 1:00pm EST (register here)
LOI deadline: Rolling, final submission Nov 30th, 2020 @ 2:00pm EST
Proposal deadline: Rolling (5 week period for submission)
Anticipated award notification: Rolling